What is Metalworking Equipment?
Metalworking equipment refers to the tools and machinery used to shape, form, and manipulate metal for a variety of manufacturing and construction purposes. It includes a wide range of machines and tools that are used to cut, shape, bend, form, and finish metal parts and products.
There are many different types of metalworking equipment, such as:
- Lathes, which are used to shape metal by turning it against a cutting tool
- Milling machines, which use a rotating cutter to remove material from a workpiece
- Drill presses, which use a rotating cutting tool to make holes in metal
- Grinders, which use abrasive wheels to smooth and finish metal surfaces
- Press brakes, which use a punch and die to bend metal into specific shapes
- Shears, which use a cutting blade to trim or cut metal sheets
- Welding equipment, which fuses or join two or more pieces of metal or thermoplastics together
These machines are used in a wide range of industries such as automotive, aerospace, construction, manufacturing and many more.
In addition to machine tools, metalworking equipment also includes a wide range of hand tools, such as saws, chisels, hammers, files, and pliers, as well as measuring and layout tools like micrometers, calipers, and squares.
Some Metalworking Equipment Categories
Bar & Tube Straightening Machines
Bar Peeling Machines
Beam & Profile Processing Lines
Bending & Forming
Deep Hole Drills
Facing & Centering Machines
Foundry & casting
Heavy Duty Lathes
Metalworking Measuring Instruments
Multi-spindle Drilling Machines
Pillar Drills & Drill Presses
Sheet Metal Processing
Slitters & Slitting Lines
Threading and Tapping
Water jet cutters