What should be considered before buying a Press Brake Machine ?
When considering purchasing a Press Brake machine, some factors to consider include:
- The type of material and thickness that will be bent and the minimum and maximum bend radius required.
- The size and weight of the parts to be bent, and the machine’s working envelope and capacity.
- The number of axis of machine and its capability for multi-axis movements.
- The accuracy, repeatability, and precision required for the bent parts.
- The available options for tooling, such as different die and punch sets.
- The ease of programming and operation of the machine, including the availability of software and the ease of setup.
- The safety features of the machine and operator safety measures.
- The reputation and service network of the manufacturer, and the availability of technical support and after-sales service.
- The current automation, features and the power of the machine you are looking for.
- The overall cost and return on investment.
It is important to have clear and specific needs before making a purchasing decision. It would be helpful to have a professional assessor or a application engineer from the manufacturer to evaluate the machine and its suitability for your application before making a final decision.