What axes and machine parts does the CNC Swiss type lathe consist of?
A CNC Swiss-type lathe typically consists of the following axes and machine parts:
- The main spindle, which rotates the workpiece
- A guide bushing, which supports and aligns the workpiece
- A tailstock, which supports the opposite end of the workpiece
- A variety of tool holders, which hold and rotate cutting tools
- X and Z axes, which control the movement of the cutting tools and workpiece along the length and diameter, respectively
- CNC (computer numerical control) system, which controls the machine’s movements and operations according to a programmed instructions.